Before & After
All-on-8 dental implants (Basal Complex) are a type of one-stage implantation with immediate loading. This technique is most suitable in the case of total adentia (loss of all the teeth). One dental arch requires from 8 to 12-14 dental implants.
The key feature of this implantation protocol is that it does not involve bone grafting: in 90% of the cases the placement of implants can be executed without a preliminary correction of the jawbone density. Moreover, the prostheses get installed immediately, which allows the patient to return to a fulfilling life in just a few days after the procedure.
A fixed denture gets placed within the first 2-3 days after the implant installation. This is very important because it brings back the aesthetics and functionality identical to those of the natural teeth, boosting the patient’s self-confidence. Besides, the prosthesis is necessary for the bone tissue health and for the loading of implants.
All-on-4 Dental Implants in Turkey
Immediate Implant Treatment in Turkey
All-on-6 Dental Implants in Turkey
Indications for all-on-8 dental implants in Turkey
- total or almost total adentia of the upper or lower jaw;
- presence of aching, mobile, or rotten teeth that must be extracted;
- significant reduction of the jawbone density;
- impossibility to perform bone grafting;
- rejection of removable dentures;
- periodontal inflammation – various periodontal diseases;
- tooth restoration in heavy smokers;
- bone tissue inflammation;
- elderly age of the patient;
- need to reduce the treatment duration.
Key features and advantages of the all-on-8 implantation
- The protocol uses 8-14 dental implants for each row of teeth;
- Prompt installation of the prosthesis – the system gets installed in just a few days after placing the roots;
- Single-piece all-on-8 system with angled multi-unit abutments;
- Inclined placement of lateral implants;
- Cement-retained or screw-retained fixation of prostheses on the implants;
- The procedure does not require bone grafting;
- The implantation can be performed simultaneously with tooth extraction;
- The protocol involves 3D modeling of the treatment process for an ultimately perfect result.
Our Best Services Included
Stages of all-on-8 installation
1st visit. This stage involves an examination of the oral cavity, evaluation of the teeth and gums condition, computer tomography, coordination of the treatment plan, selection of the implantation protocol, installation method, model and quantity implants, calculation of the final cost, finalizing the treatment duration, and setting the date of the procedure.
2nd visit. Executing a procedure(from 40 minutes to 3 hours), taking wax impressions for further fabrication and customization of permanent dentures. During this stage, the patient is also instructed on what medications to take, how to take food, and how to take care of the oral cavity.
3rd visit. Control examination of the oral cavity tissues state, checking the quality of the implants installation and fixation in the jawbone, carrying out a dental panoramic X-ray or computer tomography, installing a permanent denture, and giving recommendations on nutrition, lifestyle, and rules for maintaining good oral hygiene and teeth health.
Is there any alternative to all-on-8 in Turkey?
All on 8 is used in cases of the total or almost total absence of teeth, jawbone atrophy, and inflammation of periodontal tissues or the skeletal system. Traditional implantation is not suitable because it is first necessary to increase the volume of bone tissue before installing the implants, which is extremely difficult to execute with complete adentia due to a great amount of work to be done and long-term rehabilitation after such a procedure. Therefore, only similar methods of implantation with immediate loading present a decent alternative to all-on-8, and their use is also possible in difficult clinical situations.
Stages of the installation of all-on-8 implants
1st visit. This stage comprises an oral cavity examination, evaluation of the teeth and gums’ condition, computer tomography, elaboration of the treatment plan, selection of the implantation protocol, installation technique, model, and number of implants, confirmation of the final price and treatment duration, and setting of the date of the intervention.
2nd visit. Surgical intervention (from 40 minutes to 3 hours), wax impressions pickup for further manufacturing and adjustment of permanent dentures. During this stage, the patient is also instructed on what medications to take, what dietary recommendations to stick to, and how to take care of the oral cavity.
3rd visit. Control examination of the condition of the oral cavity tissues, checking the quality of the implant installation and fixation in the jawbone, carrying out a dental panoramic X-ray or computer tomography, permanent denture installation, and provision of recommendations on nutrition, lifestyle, and rules for performing adequate oral hygiene.
Is there any alternative to the all-on-8 implantation in Turkey?
The all- on-8 technique is employed in the case of total or almost total adentia, jawbone atrophy, and inflammation of periodontal tissues or the osseous system. In such circumstances conventional implantation cannot be performed since it is necessary first to increase the bone tissue density before installing the implants, which is extremely difficult in the case of total adentia due to a large amount of work and long-term post-surgery rehabilitation. Therefore, only similar methods of implantation with immediate loading present a decent alternative to the all-on-8 technique, and their use is also possible in difficult clinical situations.
Differences of all-on-8 differ from other protocols
- all-on-4. This is a dental implantation method intended to solve the problems of the complete or almost complete adentia. The removable denture is supported by only 4 dental implants. In cases of jawbone atrophy, it is possible to use long implants, which are fixed in the cheekbone, bypassing problem areas of the bone tissue and the sinus area. A permanent denture is placed in 1-3 days.
- all-on-6. Unlike all-on-4 implantation, the all-on-6 protocol has an expanded list of indications. Implantation with six implants is used in cases of more serious atrophy and inflammation of the periodontal tissues because, in such situations, an increased number of implants ensures a more even distribution of the mastication load and provides a better fixation of the prosthesis.
- 3-on-6. This is the latest method of dental implantation that involves the use of 6 bridges (3 at the top and 3 at the bottom). The bridges are attached to the patient’s gum and have an utterly aesthetic appearance fully imitating natural teeth. This system is suitable for patients who do not have a bone breakdown, decreased bone density, or decreased bone height/width. A good state of the jawbone is an essential condition for seamless implantation. 3-on-6 is intended for patients who currently do not have or will soon lose all their teeth and who are looking for an affordable alternative for all-on-8 dental implants.
How long will all-on-8 serve?
The manufacturers of all the existing protocols provide a lifetime warranty for their products. The average duration of dental implants is at least 20 years. In most cases, the implant quality depends on the manufacturer, price, and the selected protocol.
How much does the all-on-8 implantation cost in Turkey?
The final price for dental services and materials depends on the number of units to be installed (from 8 to 12). The best dentists that work in DentaTur clinics in Turkey (Antalya, Marmaris, Fethiye, Istanbul) will help you choose the most appropriate protocol to suit your individual needs.
|Full Mouth |
Special Package Deals
Our clinics have elaborated special money-saving package deals for international patients and residents of other Turkish cities. Such offers include dental treatment, airport transfers, and hotel accommodation. To find out more about the terms of our package deals, please follow the link.