Before & After
Dental crowns are fixed prosthetic restorations fit on specially prepared (grinded) teeth stumps or implants. Dental crown has an anatomical shape of a real tooth and allows restoring chewing and verbal functions.
Types of dental crowns by material
Zirconium Crowns in Turkey
Metal Porcelain Crowns in Turkey
The range of materials and technologies used for making modern dental crowns is quite wide so we list the most popular options.
1) Full metal crowns. Full metal crowns are very durable. This is a perfect option for restoration of the chewing function of molars. They are made of a cobalt-chrome metal alloy, sometimes with a coating of precious metals and gold. A full metal crown is one of the most affordable prosthetics options. The main disadvantage of this type of crowns is its poor aesthetics, therefore it is not recommended to use them for incisors and teeth located in a smile line.
2) Zirconia crowns are the latest development in the dental prosthetics industry widely used by the specialists of the DentaTur dental chain in Turkey. They consist of two components – a zirconia core and an outer layer of porcelain enamel. Such structure makes the crown highly durable and attractive.
In order to manufacture the crown, the dentist first creates a 3D model of the patient’s jaws and then makes the model of the prosthesis itself. Using these models, a milling machine carves the required structure from a zirconium billet. Therefore, all possible inaccuracies in prosthetics are excluded: the crown perfectly repeats the shape and size of a native tooth and sits tightly on the gum and the tooth itself.
3) Porcelain crowns are non-metal orthopaedic constructions made of pressed ceramics which ensures their high durability. Porcelain crowns are known for their excellent aesthetics and are almost identical to natural enamel, which is why they can be easily put even on the front teeth.
DentaTur chain of dental clinics in Turkey offers the service of putting porcelain crowns on teeth. Having our own dental laboratory is what allows us to significantly speed up this process.
4) E-Max crowns. The composition of E-Max crowns has no metal but in terms of durability, these crowns are not inferior to prostheses made of steel and are able to withstand heavy chewing loads. E-Max crowns are made of lithium disilicate – it is completely biocompatible, easily tintable material that refracts and reflects the light just like natural tooth enamel. Therefore, even in bright light non-metal ceramics look very natural.
E-Max ceramic crowns can replace missing teeth or those damaged by more than 60%. Using this technology, dentists can restore one or more teeth in a row. The latter case will require using dental bridges.
Our Best Services Included
When might we need tooth crowns?
Dental crowns are the type of dental prosthetics used when a cracked or partially broken tooth cannot be restored using less invasive methods such as sealing or using ceramic fillings.
Common indications for using dental crowns usually include severe tooth destruction and loss of one or several teeth (in this case, it is possible to use a crown only if the teeth still have roots). Dental crowns can also be used for achieving an aesthetic effect in case of pronounced defects (abnormalities), as well as for changing the colour, shape and position of a tooth.
|Crowns and Veneers spesifications||Teeth application||Implant application||Substance and||Light permeability and Naturalness||Life time||Allergy or strange filling||Computer design||Hand made||Base||Added porcelain||Without porcelain or anatomical||DENTATUR PRİCE||UK PRİCE|
|Metal fused porcelain crown||✓||✓||✓ ✓ ✓||✗||✓✓||✓||✗||✓||Metal||✓||✗||100₤||350₤|
|Zirconia based porcelain crown||✓||✓||✓✓✓||✓✓||✓✓✓||✗||✓||✗||Zirconia||✓||✓||160₤||550₤|
|E max laminate veneer||✓||✗||✓✓||✓✓✓||✓✓✓||✗||✓||✗||E-max||✓||✓||200₤||750₤|
|Empress laminate veneer||✓||✗||✓✓||✓✓✓||✓✓✓||✗||✗||✓||Empress||✓||✗||200₤||750₤|
|Composite Laminate veneer||✓||✗||✓||✓✓||✓||✓||✗||✓||Composite||✗||✓||150₤||350₤|
|Crowns and Veneers spesifications||Metal fused porcelain crown||Zirconia based porcelain crown||E-max laminate veneers||Express laminate veneers||Lumeneers||Composite Laminate veneer|
|Substance and strenght||✓✓✓||✓✓✓||✓✓||✓✓||✓✓||✓|
|Light permeability and Naturalness||✗||✓ ✓||✓ ✓ ✓||✓ ✓ ✓||✓ ✓ ✓||✓ ✓|
|Life time||✓ ✓||✓ ✓ ✓||✓ ✓ ✓||✓ ✓ ✓||✓ ✓||✓|
|Allergy or strange filling||✓||✗||✗||✗||✗||✓|
|Without porcelain or anatomical||✗||✓||✓||✗||✓||✓|
How are dental crowns installed in Turkey?
- Medical examination. Like most of other medical procedures, putting dental crowns on the teeth begins with a medical examination when a dentist constructs a treatment plan, learns about all patient’s contraindications, gives recommendations for choosing the type of the crown. Dentist takes an x-ray, evaluates the condition of the oral cavity: if there are any diseases, patient will have to treat the gums and all the diseased teeth, as well as to remove tartar and plaque before putting dental crowns.
- Tooth preparation. It includes removal of the nerve (it is not always necessary for the chewing teeth), filling the root canal and grinding of the tooth for putting the crown. Grinding takes no less than an hour – the dentist removes the surface of the tooth tissue layer by layer, giving it a suitable shape for installation of the prosthesis.
- Making a crown. After the tooth preparation procedure is complete, the orthopaedic dentist makes an impression of the tooth which will be used for making a crown. For non-metal prostheses (for example, made of zirconium dioxide) dentists make CAD / CAM (3D digital intraoral 3D scanning technology) scans instead of traditional wax casts, and the results of such scanning get immediately transferred to the dental crown manufacturing machine. It allows to achieve the highest accuracy of the size and shape of the product, and, therefore, to ensure that the prosthesis fits on the tooth perfectly well.
- Crown fitting. Next, we move on to the most critical part – crown fitting. If it has exactly the right size, tightly covers the tooth and creates no inconvenience for the patient, they fix it on the tooth with a special cement. Sometimes dentists opt for a two-stage fixation – at first, they put prosthesis for some time and examine the result and then, after a few weeks, if everything is okay, the crown might be finally fixed.
The total duration of all stages of prosthetics is from five days to several weeks – it depends on the initial condition of the patient’s oral cavity and the complexity of the crown manufacturing process. For the whole period of treatment at our DentaTur chain of dental clinics in Turkey (Antalya, Istanbul, Marmaris, Fethiye), Poland and Bulgaria, we offer our patients temporary plastic crowns which will later be replaced by permanent ones.
It is also worth to mention that any manipulations with the tooth during prosthetic procedures are performed under local anaesthesia, so patients never experience any painful sensations.
How much does it cost to put a crown on a tooth in Turkey?
The cost for a dental crown depends on the type of metal which the crown is made of. In our DentaTur clinics in Turkey, you can order the crowns for:
Porcelain Fused to Metal Crown (standard alloy) – £110
Zirconia Based GC Porcelain Crown – £180
Zirconia Based E-max Porcelain Crown – £220