Before & After
All-on-6 dental implants are a contemporary tooth restoration technique for eliminating total adentia, which implies placing within the jaw 6 implants with innovative multi-unit abutments and screw retention. This intervention allows avoiding the key obstacle associated with tooth implantation – bone tissue loss, since it can be performed without preliminary bone build-up, sinus lifting, or other osteoplastic manipulations.
Indications for the all-on-6 implantation:
- Missing teeth with the signs of bone atrophy (decreased bone height due to an insufficient chewing load in particular areas of the bone);
- Lack of possibility to install bridges on the remaining teeth (excessive dental mobility, abutment destruction) or futility of their treating in a conservative way;
- Presence of contraindications for performing bone build-up or the patient’s reluctance to undergo bone grafting;
- Patient’s specific dietary preferences (solid foods that create considerable load on the implant);
- Diagnosed periodontal diseases;
- Doctor’s justified concerns as to the prosthesis’s stability in case of employing fewer abutments.
Advantages of all-on-6 dental implants in Turkey
- New teeth in as little as one day. Fixed constructions can be placed immediately after the implants are introduced. Moreover, artificial teeth are identical to the natural ones in terms of their appearance and functionality.
- No need to undergo osteoplasty. The implantation takes place in the areas with the smallest degree of bone resorption, while titanium pins’ special design allows placing them without doing preliminary dental ridge augmentation.
- Opportunity to perform implantation in the case of total adentia. The all-on-6 protocol is a successful adentia solution even in the presence of extreme bone atrophy and proximity to the maxillary sinuses. In particularly complicated cases, special implants are used which get fixed at an angle through the orbital bone and do not affect the auriferous maxillary sinuses.
- Improved system stability. An increased number of abutments in comparison to the all-on-4 technique improves the construction’s reliability, making it more resistant to various axial loads.
- Superior aesthetic properties. For the period of the implants’ survival, the patient obtains a temporary metal-framed plastic prosthesis. The smile looks perfect thanks to the thoroughly shaped gum line and meticulously selected parameters of the artificial teeth.
- Complete restoration of the chewing function. The patient can start eating food with the use of the new prosthesis as soon as the day of the intervention (it is recommended to load the implants step by step). The overall functionality of the new teeth can be assessed after the implants’ survival.
Difference between the All-on-4 and All-on-6 methods
All-on-6 implants are a more sophisticated version of the All on 4 implantation technology. They are known to be more reliable due to an improved protocol and a higher fixed construction’s stability.
So far, the implantation with the use of 6 implants is believed to be the most cutting-edge dental restoration technology that allows treating total adentia. The patient obtains the new fixed prosthesis the same day the implants are introduced and can use it to eat and smile. Therefore, the All-on-4 and All-on-6 protocols are two versions of the one-phase implantation with immediate loading.
The all on six protocol ensures a more even distribution of the chewing load on the installed implant system, which minimizes the odds of its failure, and prevents atrophic changes within the jaw.
Generally speaking, the procedure of the implantation that involves the all-on-6 protocol is identical to that of the all-on-4 one. Yet, the end result of such a treatment allows achieving higher stability of the prosthesis due to the addition of another 2 implants in the side areas of the jaw (one implant on each side).
The introduction of six artificial tooth roots is performed in three phases:
- Placement of 2 implants in the front area of the jaw in the vertical projection of the front incisors’ roots;
- Placement of 2 implants in the side areas (mostly vertically as well);
- Placement of the remaining 2 implants at an angle (the direction gets selected depending on the bone tissue’s state – density, height, degree of atrophy in the side areas).
The artificial roots’ angle of inclination gets “offset” by a high-tech multi-unit abutment whose design allows placing the crown vertically notwithstanding the implant’s position.
Turkish all on six method is based on the exact calculation of the number of spots for the implantation of titanium pins that would help achieve even distribution of the load. In particular, the load received is distributed trapezoidally, thus improving the abutments’ stability and making the entire system perfectly reliable.
Our Best Services Included
Stages of the «All-on-6» implantation
- Preparatory stage. The patient gets consulted during the first visit which allows to determine indications and contraindications for the tooth implantation and to perform a CT of the jaws in order to assess whether the all-on-6 technique can be employed.
- 3D modelling on a PC. Fixed implantation with the use of 4 or 6 implants is successful only in case of preparing a thoroughly calculated protocol of the intervention, and more so if the patient suffers considerable bone tissue atrophy. In the course of computer modelling, the doctor defines the best position of the future implants, and selects their parameters, taking into account the topography of the neighboring anatomical structures.
- Implantation. On a pre-scheduled day, the placement of implants of the selected brand is performed (sometimes tooth extraction is also required, such manipulation being done directly before the main surgery). The implantation requires local anesthesia and takes several hours. Having fixed the implants, the doctor introduces the stitches on the gum. Once the intervention is over, dental impressions are picked up (the doctor will subsequently use them for manufacturing a temporary fixed prosthesis).
- Prosthesis placement. One of the biggest advantages of this technique is the absence of the transition period: patients do not leave the clinic without temporary prostheses being installed. Such a construction can be described as a metal bar with plastic dental units. The temporary prosthesis’s mission is to help the patient chew and smile normally during the implants’ survival period. After 6-8 months (the longest timeframe is 5 years) the temporary prosthesis gets replaced with another construction made of a suitable material (metal ceramics, zirconium dioxide).
How long all-on-6 implants serve
The doctors who work in DentaTur clinics in Turkey (Antalya, Marmaris, Fethiye, Istanbul) employ the most advanced dental implantation technologies. In 99% of the cases, the implants survive with no serious complications. The manufacturers give a lifetime warranty for all their dental implants. In fact, the implants’ service time is over 20 years and depends on their material, and price.
How much all-on-6 dental implants in Turkey cost
The price of the surgery varies depending on the case complexity and on the materials employed. Despite the profusion of tooth implants in the market, our dentists work only with the most high-quality and time-tested materials. The price of such a treatment is absolutely justified by its quality.
|Full Mouth |