Laser Teeth Whitening in Turkey: Cost, Treatment abroad
Laser teeth whitening is a professional in-office procedure which is delivered exclusively in dental clinics and is performed by a qualified dentist. DentaTur clinics in Turkey (Antalya, Istanbul, Fethiye, Marmaris) feature the most cutting-edge equipment which guarantees the maximum effect of the teeth whitening.
This bleaching technique implies using a laser which activates the whitening process after the teeth are covered with a special gel. Normally, the dentists use whitening gel with a very high content of hydrogen peroxide (30-40%).
In order not to damage dental tissues and make the whitening agent work exactly in the desired area, a special medical argon laser is used which releases active oxygen and initiates the process of destroying colouring pigments both in the enamel and in the dentin.
Advantages of laser teeth whitening
Just like other whitening techniques based on the use of hydrogen peroxide, this method can help the patient obtain a new shade of white which is lighter than the natural white colour of the teeth.
Another important advantage is the velocity of the procedure. All the actions are performed during a single visit to the doctor, while the gel manipulations take not more than one hour. The results of such treatment will be making the patient happy for a long period of time.
What results can be achieved?
Laser teeth whitening is so far considered to be the most efficient and safe way of obtaining a snow-white smile.
Wide use of this technique and its precision help achieve very impressive results (5-8 tones), and just after a single procedure! Hence, if you come to your doctor with A3 tone which is most common for the majority of patients, then in just one hour you will be able to boast one of the whitest tones of the palette – B1!
Laser teeth whitening procedure
Before performing laser teeth whitening, the doctor conducts a thorough examination of the patient’s oral cavity and makes the patient familiar with possible nuances of the implementation of such a technique in his or her particular case.
In order to achieve the desired result, the state of health of the patient’s teeth should imply no contraindications. After having ascertained all the above-mentioned, the dentist gets down to the laser teeth whitening.
- A professional teeth cleaning is performed in order to eliminate superficial plaque.
- Using the colour palette, the dentist determines pre-whitening tone of the enamel and fixes this parameter in the patient’s medical file.
- The working area gets exposed with the help of a retractor. Surrounding tissues get isolated by cotton balls.
- The patient’s eyes are protected by glasses with filters of the corresponding frequency.
- Protective gel is applied on the gingival margin along the entire working area as a 2-4 mm layer which slightly overlaps with the enamel edge.
- Whitening gel is applied on the surface of the teeth.
- The whitening agent gets activated with a laser.
- After the action time of the whitening agent is over (it depends on the gel concentration), the surface of the teeth gets cleaned with the help of a saliva aspirator.
- Intermediate results get assessed according to the colour palette.
- If necessary, a repetitive gel application and its activation are performed.
- Definitive removal of the whitening agent from the teeth is performed. The oral cavity gets cleaned from the gel traces.
- Protective gel gets removed from the gingival margin.
- The final result gets assessed.
After the laser whitening procedure is over, the dentist applies special gel for express restoration and remineralization of the enamel and for reducing the sensitivity of the teeth.
The main side effect which is registered in the course of laser teeth whitening or after it is increased sensitivity.
This feature is individual, so the reaction will be determined by the dentist in the process of the treatment. If necessary, the duration or number of applications will be changed.
To minimize the effect after the whitening is performed, the patients should use toothpastes and mouthwashes for reducing the sensitivity of the teeth. As a rule, such symptoms vanish in several days’ time.
Another possible side effect of laser teeth whitening is a tingling or freezing sensation which appears while the bleaching agent is working. Such issues should be reported to the dentist immediately so that necessary corrections to the procedure could be introduced.
In the process of planning laser teeth whitening, it should be borne in mind that this procedure has several absolute contraindications:
- age beyond 18 (due to incomplete dentin formation);
- pregnancy and lactation;
- weakened or damaged enamel;
- presence of carious lesions;
- allergy towards the medications to be used, including hydrogen peroxide;
- presence of past dental restorations (they will not be affected by the whitening).
How much laser teeth whitening in DentaTur clinics in Turkey costs?
Presently laser teeth whitening in Turkey has become a common practice among patients from Europe and the US. Turkish DentaTur chain embraces numerous dental clinics (Antalya, Istanbul, Marmaris, Fethiye). Today we are glad to offer you the following competitive prices:
Laser teeth whitening – £120
In-office teeth whitening – £100
Get In Touch With Us
For general questions, please send us a message and we’ll get right back to you. You can also call us directly to speak with a member of our service team.
Fields marked with a * are required.