Dental implants are installed to replace lost teeth. With proper care, they can be a permanent treatment for tooth loss that looks just like natural teeth.
The dental implantation procedure can be used to replace any number of teeth, from a single implant with a crown replacing one tooth to restoring all the teeth in a jaw with six implants and a dental bridge.
Before & After
Table of Contents
Types Of Dental Treatments That We Offer
All-on-4 Dental Implantation
All-on-6 Dental Implantation
All-on-8 Dental Implantation
3-on-6 Dental Implantation
Cost of Dental Implants in Turkey
Many patients from abroad come to Turkey in search of low-cost and high-quality medical care. Since Turkish dental clinics have plenty of experience performing any type of modern dental implantation surgery, they can guarantee the exceptional quality of their services.
The prices for dentistry in Turkey are so low because of the many subsidies for private clinics. This allows dental surgeons in Turkey to use the same brands of dental materials as in the West but at a lower price for the patient. The cost of living in Turkey is also lower, as is its purchasing power, so the cost of most services in Turkey is very affordable for visitors from the EU, UK or USA.
The price for each dental implants package will be different. It depends on the number of dental implants a patient will require, what type of dental crown will be installed on the implant, and whether the patient will need additional treatments before receiving the dental implant, such as tooth extraction, bone grafting or sinus lifting. The average price of the implant treatment at Dentatur dental clinic in Turkey is £ 250, which is several times lower than in most Western countries.
|Full Mouth |
What are Dental Implants?
What are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are used as a tooth replacement and consist of single or several screws implanted into the patient’s jawbone that support a dental crown or bridge. In essence, the screw replaces the tooth’s root. The way the screw is installed promotes the implant osseointegration – the screw will gradually fuse with the surrounding bone, making the implant as securely attached as a natural tooth.
In addition to the screw and crown (or bridge), the implant may consist of another part – the abutment. This is a connecting piece between the screw and crown. The abutment can be used to place the crown at an angle to the screw. It’s often used when the implant is replacing the patient’s molar. Some dental implants are single-piece, and the dental crown is attached to them without an abutment.
The screw of the dental implant can be made from a variety of materials, titanium and zirconia being the most popular. Titanium implants are the oldest type of dental implants, and while the technology used for their making has improved over time, the material itself changed little. As a result, dentists have collected a lot of data proving the reliability and safety of titanium implants. Their main drawback is their colour. Titanium is a silver-grey metal, and if the patient has receding gums, it may show through from under the dental crown.
Zirconia screws are made of zirconia ceramic. It is a very durable and resistant material, though not as much as titanium. Zirconia is white, so even if the screw will show through, it is not as conspicuous as one made of titanium. Zirconia dental implants became available in the early nineties, so there are still not enough studies on their long-term use to conclude if they are as reliable as titanium implants. Both titanium and zirconia implants are non-toxic, but some patients have allergic reactions to titanium.
Benefits and Side-Effects of Dental Implants in Turkey
Benefits and Side-Effects of Dental Implants in Turkey
Dental implants have many benefits, such as:
- They are a permanent treatment and do not require any additional oral care – caring for them is as easy as for natural teeth
- The tooth loss can cause the jawbone to degrade. After dental implants integrate into the jaw, they function like natural teeth, stopping and possibly reversing bone density loss
- In contrast with dentures, oral implants can’t slip out and do not interfere with speaking or eating
- They look just like natural teeth, making them great for a smile restoration treatment
- It is possible to install dental implants without altering surrounding healthy teeth
- With proper care, dental implants can last for a lifetime and are not susceptible to decay
Nevertheless, as the implant installation is a surgical procedure, there is a chance of getting side effects, especially if the patient doesn’t follow the post-op recommendations of the dentist. Possible side effects include:
- If the patient has poor oral hygiene, the gums around the implant can get infected
- Problems with sinuses. Some patients’ sinus cavities are located close to their upper jaw. When they want to get dental implants for the upper jaw, there may be a risk of the implant getting into the sinus cavity, which can lead to infections and other complications. Such patients can get an implant after a sinus lifting procedure, but this is a complicated and invasive treatment
- Osseointegration failure. If the implant gets infected soon after the treatment or the patient does not follow proper post-treatment care, the implant can fail to fuse with the surrounding bone. As a result, it can become mobile or loose. Osseointegration can also fail, because the patient’s jawbone is sufficiently dense. In this case, the patient will need to have bone grafting surgery before installing the implants. Failed osseointegration can be a cause of bone degradation, which will weaken the implant adhesion further
- Many materials used for dental implants are harder than natural tooth enamel, and if the implant is not fitted correctly, it can damage the surrounding teeth
- Some people have allergic reactions to titanium or other metals that may be present in the dental The allergic reaction can lead to gum inflammation, pain and other potential complications
Dental Implantation Stages
Dental implantation is performed over several appointments.
The first stage of the implantation procedure is consultation and examination. First, dentists examine the patient’s jaws with a two-dimensional X-ray scan – a preliminary imaging that will help the doctors to determine the general details of the future surgery. The full details of the treatment and suitable positions for the implants are determined only after a three-dimensional scan of the jaws, evaluation of bone density and other examinations. After all examinations, the doctors will determine if the patient needs to have any procedures before getting the implants, such as tooth extraction or bone grafting in Turkey.
The next stage is implant placement. To install the screw of the implant, the dentist will make incisions in the gum and drill holes in the bone through these incisions. Then they will place an implant into the hole and close the incision with stitches. Then, the doctor will place temporary low-pressure crowns or a bridge on the implant to protect it and not leave a patient without teeth. The low-pressure crowns are primarily a cosmetic solution, and the patient should take care not to put them under mechanical stress.
Before the dentist can place the permanent crowns, the patient’s gums need to heal, and the implant needs to osseointegrate. This process will take at least four months.
The patient must return to the clinic after the osseointegration is finished and the implant is firmly attached to the jaw so that the dentist can install permanent crowns. The installation can take several appointments, as the doctor needs to make sure that the crowns fit properly. After the installation of permanent crowns, the dental implant treatment is completed.
Frequently Asked Questions
Dentistry in Turkey is both affordable and high-quality. At our clinic, patients can get any type of dental implant, and we perform the procedure using modern imaging and assistive technologies. The prices for the procedures at our clinic also include accommodation and transportation in Turkey. We also offer our patients a warranty on our dental implant treatment. just like your natural teeth.
The number of necessary visits for getting tooth implant treatment depends on the number of implants and the need for additional procedures. The average number of visits for a dental implant treatment is four. The first visit is for consultation and examination, the second for installing screws and temporary crowns, and the third for a check-up. The fourth visit will be a few months after the third when the implants integrate with the jaw. The dentist will place permanent crowns during this visit.
Our clinic provides a warranty for our dental implants. The warranty covers any problems with dental implants that are caused by an implant manufacturing defect or a fault during the installation of the implant. Patients can find out the details of Dentatur’s warranty during the consultation.
Share This Story!
Leave a Comment
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked*