Porcelain dental veneers, also known as ceramic veneers, are frequently used as a treatment for a variety of dental issues. They are used for both cosmetic and practical purposes.
For those who want to get the best dental veneers for an affordable price, Antalya, Turkey is the perfect place. Dentistry here is both cheap and high-quality.
Table of Contents
Cost of Porcelain Dental Veneers in Antalya
For visitors from abroad, the installation of the full set of dental veneers in Turkey is very affordable. In most cases, the price of the procedure also includes a hotel stay for a number of nights and transportation from the airport to the hotel, from the hotel to the clinic, and vice versa. The actual price of the dental veneer will depend on the material.
In Turkey, one can get any common dental veneer type. Porcelain veneers are probably the most popular as they are sturdy and look just like natural teeth. The average price for ceramic veneer treatment at the Dentatur clinic in Turkey is £ 100.
There is an easy explanation for the low price of dental treatments in Turkey. Prices for dental veneers largely depend on the cost of their materials and the labour costs in this area. Labour in Turkey is cheaper than in most European countries, and government aid to private clinics reduces the high cost of materials.
BEFORE & AFTER
|Veneers spesifications||Substance||Light permeability and Naturalness||Life time||Computer design||Hand made||Base||Added porcelain||Without porcelain or anatomical||DENTATUR PRICE||UK PRICE|
|Zirconia based porcelain veneer||✓✓✓||✓✓||✓✓✓||✓||✗||Zirconia||✓||✓||160₤||550₤|
|E max laminate veneer||✓✓||✓✓✓||✓✓✓||✓||✗||E-max||✓||✓||200₤||750₤|
|Empress laminate veneer||✓✓||✓✓✓||✓✓✓||✗||✓||Empress||✓||✗||200₤||750₤|
|Veneers spesifications||DENTATUR PRICE||UK PRICE|
|Zirconia based porcelain veneer||160₤||550₤|
|E max laminate veneer||200₤||750₤|
|Empress laminate veneer||200₤||750₤|
When Are Dental Veneers Applied?
When Are Dental Veneers Applied?
A dental veneer is a type of micro-prosthesis that is used to alter the shape of a tooth. It is essentially a thin sheet or shell of material applied to the front of the tooth. Its material determines its properties.
Dental veneers can be applied to solve various tooth problems, as they have both cosmetic and practical functions.
The practical reasons for installing veneers include teeth restoration and protection. For example, if a tooth is chipped or otherwise damaged, the veneer can be used to restore it. Because the veneer installation is a minimally invasive procedure, they are the preferred solution for tooth damage that is not extensive.
Cosmetic reasons for getting a veneer treatment include tooth whitening and aesthetic altering of tooth shape. Since a dental veneer is installed to the front, visible part of the tooth, it is used to alter the colour of the tooth without having to replace the tooth itself or completely cover it with a dental crown. The veneers can also be made in any desired shape to fill in gaps between teeth and such.
Types of Dental Veneers in Turkey
In Turkey, one can get all the popular dental veneer treatment types. The veneers are separated into types based on their material. The most common materials are porcelain and composite resin. There are also veneer types that use metal as a base.
- Composite veneers are made of composite resin. They are much cheaper than porcelain veneers but are less sturdy. The material is also prone to staining, so if these veneers are used for teeth whitening, they heavily restrict the kinds of foods a patient can consume without fear of ruining their appearance. They are easier to install and replace than other types of veneers, and sometimes can even be placed without removing any parts of the natural teeth.
- Porcelain veneers can be made of a variety of ceramic materials. Most of them are harder than natural tooth enamel, so they are perfect for protecting the teeth. At the same time, they look very similar to natural teeth.
- Zirconia-ceramic is the most popular kind of ceramic for this type of treatment. It is exceptionally strong and resistant to wear, so a veneer made of this material can last more than a decade with proper care.
- Other kinds of ceramic can be used in three types of veneer – ceramic laminate, metal-supported and E-Max.
- The ceramic laminate dental veneer is applied to the tooth as a thin layer of ceramic material. It uses no metal. It requires minimal alteration to the natural tooth, so it is perfect for treating cosmetic issues.
- The metal-supported veneer is made of a metal base with a layer of ceramic on top. It is durable, but as the metal core is impermeable to light, it doesn’t look quite like a natural tooth. Because of this, this type of veneer is unsuitable for installation on the front teeth.
- E-Max is a full porcelain veneer that consists of a core made of pressed ceramic covered with another type of ceramic material – usually a type of ceramic glass.
Difference Between Porcelain Veneers and Other Types of Dental Veneers in Antalya
A porcelain dental veneer is usually the preferred veneer type for most patients. The properties of the porcelain material are most suitable for veneer manufacturing. Porcelain is strong and looks very similar to natural teeth. It’s also non-allergenic and resistant to corrosion.
In comparison with the most popular alternative material for veneer manufacturing – composite resin, ceramics have a number of advantages. The hardness of the dental veneer made of ceramic is higher than that of natural tooth enamel. Composite resin, on the other hand, is weaker than enamel. In many cases, patients choose to install a composite veneer as a temporary and cheaper treatment.
The fragility of composite dental veneer makes it a poor choice for protecting teeth. Thus, its primary function is cosmetic. It is used when a patient needs to correct a small cosmetic defect of a tooth. But even in this case, ceramic is a superior material. It looks more natural than the resin and doesn’t stain as easily.
Indeed, a composite resin veneer is particularly prone to staining. Patients with this type of veneer must avoid food that stains. Otherwise, the colour of their treated teeth will quickly change from a beautiful white to the colour of the staining food. People with composite veneers should avoid such popular beverages as tea, coffee and wine. For the same reason, they should also avoid smoking.
The other difference between a porcelain veneer and other types of treatment is how much of the natural tooth must be removed to install it. When compared to different types of veneer in this regard, porcelain veneers are right in the middle. They don’t require shaving the teeth down as much as any veneer that contains metal, but composite veneers require even less – in some cases these can be installed without altering the tooth at all.
Pros and Cons of Porcelain Dental Veneers in Antalya
Installing porcelain dental veneers is a perfect way to protect your teeth and transform your smile. There are many advantages of getting the porcelain veneer treatment:
- The porcelain looks and feels similar to natural teeth;
- A veneer made of porcelain has a long service time of up to several decades if cared for properly;
- This type of dental veneer can be manufactured with high precision, so they are guaranteed to fit in perfectly with your teeth;
- The porcelain is non-allergenic and does not alter the taste of food, as metal does;
There are also some reasons why a patient may prefer another type of dental veneer to porcelain ones:
- A porcelain veneer is more expensive than composite;
- To install a porcelain veneer, the dentist needs to remove some part of the natural tooth;
- Installation of porcelain veneers takes more time than some other types;
- Porcelain is very durable but is susceptible to damage from repeated mechanical stress. If the patient is prone to grinding or clenching their teeth, the veneer may crack or be otherwise fractured.
Who Is Suitable for Getting Porcelain Veneers in Turkey
Who Is Suitable for Getting Porcelain Veneers in Turkey
Ceramic dental veneer installation is a treatment that’s suitable for most patients. There are no adverse reactions to the ceramic veneers, as the material is non-reactive and chemically stable. Anyone who wants to make their smile look beautiful and healthy will benefit greatly from this treatment.
This type of dental veneer is exceptionally durable and will serve you for years with a simple care routine. The only people who risk damaging this type of veneer are those who suffer from bruxism (involuntary grinding of teeth in sleep) or have a habit of clenching their teeth.
How to Take Care of Porcelain Veneers?
Caring for a ceramic veneer is no different from caring for natural teeth. The dentists at the Dentatur dental clinic in Turkey will instruct you on all the details of caring for your veneer.
It should be noted that after the ceramic veneer installation procedure is complete, it is not unusual to feel some discomfort. This is because any change in a tooth’s shape requires time to get used to. At first, the new tooth may feel too big or too high, but the feeling should go away in a few days. If the discomfort persists, you should return to the clinic so the doctors can alter the veneer. But since the manufacturing of modern ceramic veneers is done with the help of digital 3D modelling, such issues are very uncommon.
Share This Story!
Leave a Comment
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked*